Sunday, April 7, 2013

My Life is a Movie Soundtrack Meme


   Aloha! Earlier this evening I had a bit of time to go through my reader, and came across this cute meme posted by Sylvia Olivier. Here's a quick description taken from her blog:
Hey! Happy Saturday.
I felt like doing an oldie but goodie Meme and you can do it too if you want to share some of your favorite music with everyone. Its a fun Meme that makes you open up your music collection and think about what you life would be like if it were a soundtrack.
It was fun for me because some of my song choices surprised me but I really love doing things kinda Meme’s and seeing what other people come up with too. If you do this, I’d love it if you commented with your URL/Blog. 
   A lot of what I listen to is deemed, 'weird' by my kids so you can imagine the scoffing as I paste these links. Being born and raised in Hawaii, many of what I chose are from there. The image I picked (not necessary to do the meme), is a throwback to my pre-blogging days, before I learned about anti-aliasing and 4000x2029kb snapshots :P 
   Why not take a detour and share the Soundtrack of Your life? You'll be in a good mood after you're done or I owe you a soda!

________________________

Opening Credits:
Wunderkind- Alanis Morrissette from the Chronicles of Narnia Soundtrack


Waking Up:
He Aloha MeleIva Kinimaka 
*A song my RL father to this day plays just for me on his 20yrs+ old Ovation.*


First Day At School:
He Mele No Lilo by Mark Keali'i Ho'omalu, performed with the Kamehameha School Children's Choir from Disney's Lilo and Stitch
*I actually attended a King Kamehameha School so this song really resounded well with me when the movie came out*

Falling in Love:
Paralyzer-Finger Eleven


Breaking Up:


Prom:
Brown Eyed Girl- Van Morrison


Life’s Okay:
Defying Gravity-Steven Schwartz from Wicked The Musical

How You Live-Point of Grace (Sorry I cheated!!!)

Mental Breakdown:


Driving:
Here We Go- Mango


Flashback: (sry I cheated again!! ahhh)
Wide Awake- Katy Perry
Lei Pikake- Hapa

Getting Back Together:
Remind Me- Brad Paisley ft Carrie Underwood


Wedding:
Open Arms- Journey
Easy to Love You- Theory of a Dead Man (last cheat I promise!)

Birth of a Child:
Forbidden Friendship- John Powell from How To Train Your Dragon Soundtrack


Final Battle:
Split the Atom -Noisia 


Death Scene and Funeral Song:
Where's Hiccup-John Powell from How To Train Your Dragon Soundtrack

End Credits:
Aloha Oe' - Queen Lili'uokalani

   Thank you Sylvia for reviving a great meme!



Photo Credits?? uhm.. I have to empty 20 boxes to find the outfit *sadface*

1 comment:

P said...

I wish I'd seen your blog before I did mine. I would have cheated too :D

Some great song choices, many I hadn't heard before. Thanks!