Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Arcade, Collabor88.. and the SL Bloggeratti





   I'm in love... with lamps. And I should blog about them more. For this edition of the Arcade Gacha Fair, I managed to nab a few lamps from Cory Edo's machine. That spotlight lamp might be a good substitute for a studio light hm? 
   When the previews came out for this month's round, there were so many goodies, I think I suffered a 20 minute 'moment' of impulse shopping. Not to worry though, just doing my part to keep the SL money-go-round.. going.
   There have been so many negative articles, comments etc about these kinds of events, anyone notice that? Or am I just the newb-kid-on-the-block.. and this has been going on for years?
   So I've learned thus far, designers come together and share wares on a collective sim, joining by either paying an entrance fee, lease per day, or commission or whatever..for a monthly, weekly, whatever event for whatever cause. That about right?
   I'm still at a loss as to why all the event bashing lately. I thought these things 'helped' LL keep regions, and not lose them. Yes, we're consumers, we have a right to complain, critique and whatnot, but I've always been of the mind, that if something's not up to snuff, make a suggestion.. or move along. 
   Got something to say? Something to complain about? Be sure you have a suggestion at the end. People are entitled to their opinion... and I am entitled to mine. However, an opinion gets lost in the blogosphere much like my stockings in my underwear drawer...SO, let's do the metaverse a favor. Have our opinion, speak our minds!.. BUT let's include a suggestion in there too. And maybe just maybe, the stigma of the 'SL Bloggeratti', could be abolished for good.

Right.. the credits, of course! 

Hair: Clawtooth  Surfer Rosa Available at the Arcade
Skin: Pink Fuel Ghost Gacha 4  Available at the Arcade
Top: Happy's Timeless Beauty Blouse in Rose by Alika Luminos
Skirt: Minka Skirt in Lilac from Boom Available at Collabor88
Shoes: Schadenfreude's Ultravox shoes  Available at Collabor88
Bag: Sleepy Eddy Fishing Bag Gacha  Available at the Arcade

And the Lamps!! and other Gacha Goodies..they always get me.

Trompe Loeil by Cory Edo..
-Paper Lamp Twist
-Paper Lamp Round
-Green Glass Buffet
-Spotlight Lamp

Alouette's Bibliotheque Chair, Shakeup's Arcade Fan, Vespertine's Machinarium suitcase, Contraption's Ballad Music Box, Leezu Greta flowerplay Curtains. Available all at the Arcade

Thats about it folks. And if you're still lurking about, take a few minutes and watch the youtube vid below. You'll see why Lamps.. make decent friends. (click at about :50)







No comments: