Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Learning to Style 1: Monochromatic

  
  “In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.” Coco Chanel
“Create your own style… let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others.”  Anna Wintour
  “Why change? Everyone has his own style. When you have found it, you should stick to it.” Audrey Hepburn

 
   I wanted to do a Look of the Day, or lookbook dealeo, but hesitated. Fashion for me, irl or virtual is  intimidating in that, I am deficient in putting a cohesive outfit together. So rather than a LOTD or LKBK, I've started a Learning 2 Style or L2S, bit instead lol. Who doesn't love acronyms? :-) Watch the horror as I pull from that creative cloud called my inventory and see what atrocities come forth mwahahahaha! 
   Today's L2S entry is where I attempt a monochromatic theme. Here is a good link to a blog where this fashion trend broke it down for a newb like me. 

Featured items:
Skin>> Glam Affair's Zara, America 1 by Aida Ewing Available at the Skin Fair. Zara is a wonder to wear, and fits perfectly with my shape. Definitely going to be a go-to in my 'wardrobe'. Does skin count as an item in your wardrobe? 

Top>> Sassy Intrigue Blouse in gold by Ivy Burner Available at Shopping Free*Style
Pants>>LeeZu Indiana Tic Toc Pants in olive by LeeZu Baxter
Shoes>> ISON hawkin boots in mustard by Harry Hyx Available at the Arcade Gacha Fair
Earrings and bracelet>> MG Copacetic Tallulah Earrings and bracelet by Maxi Gossamer 
                                                    Available at Collabor88
Ring>> Tea for One Ring from Krystal for Relay for Life 2013 by Krystal Jenkins

**Hair from Exile and Eyes from Mayfly**
**Poses are from Purple**

   So that sums up monochromatic styling lesson number 1. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to ping me for any suggestions, questions.. heck I'll even take the critiques. Cheers~


raw img.... thumbs up for anti aliasing.




   


No comments: